Personal Data Protection Policy
As EY Law Office, we show our sensitivity to the security of your personal data. We attach importance to process and keep all kinds of personal data belonging to our clients and potential clients, our colleagues, potential colleagues, suppliers, visitors, employees and shareholders and authorities, third parties in compliance with Personal Data Protection Law No: 6698. In the scope of Law No.6698, we do process your personal data as explained below and within the framework of legal regulations. The way of collecting and processing your personal data is in compliance with legal reasons, current and accurate.
EY Law Office has no responsibility if the provided data is not accurate, current and against law.
Purpose of Personal Data Processing: Your personal data are being processed in compliance with the scope of article 4 of Law No.6698.
- a) For our Clients, Potential clients, Business Partners, Potential Business Partners, Suppliers, Potential Suppliers, Visitors, Our Colleagues, Potential Colleagues employees and shareholders and authorities; to serve legal consultancy, to fulfil our services, to fulfil business processes, to follow procurement, finance and accounting process, to procure of legal and commercial security and to use personal data provided earlier to us.
- b) For our colleagues, potential colleagues: to keep their resumes and personal files, to exercise their rights in compliance with the law of Labour, Social Security, Tax, etc. And to fulfil the obligations, to set theirs personal data in order to inform website visitors. To transfer data to the legal authorities for the dispute resolution arising from Labour Law, to conduct recruitment process, to report, to fulfill occupational health and safety obligations, to fulfil human resources process.
Collecting Personal Data:
Your personal data may be collected verbally, in writing or electronically through automatic or non-automatic methods.
Processing Personal Data and Transferring:
The collected personal data as above, is processed within the scope of conditions and purposes of processing personal data stated in articles 5 and 6, transferring personal data stated in articles 8. and 9. of Personal Data Protection Law in order to benefit from our services, to protect your rights and interests, exercise your rights and to take necessary actions for your demands.
Personal data; shall not be processed without obtaining the explicit consent of the data subject and may be processed without obtaining the explicit consent of the data subject if one of the below conditions exists:
- a) It is expressly permitted by any law;
- b) It is necessaryin order to protect the life or physical integrity of the data subject or another person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
- c) It is necessary to process the personal data of parties of a contract, provided that the processing is directly related to the execution or performance of the contract;
ç) It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which the controller is subject to;
- d) The relevant information is revealed to the public by the data subject herself/himself;
- e) It is necessary for the institution, usage, or protection of a right;
- f) It is necessaryfor the legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject are not harmed.
The scope of article 6 is special categories of personal data. (e.g: ethnic origin, race, gender, etc.) It is prohibited to process special categories of personal data without obtaining the explicit consent of the data subject.
We attach high importance to not share your personal data with third parties. We may only transfer your personal data if only needed by legally authorized governmental institutions or court decision. Or we may transfer your personal data with our business partners according to purposes above. As EY Law Office, we use G-Suit infrastructure which is the G-mail’s e-mail service of Google. By using this infrastructure, the sent and/or received e-mails may be stored in data centers around the world. (you may check: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Deletion, Destruction, and Anonymization of Personal Data:
Your personal data processing in compliance with the Law No:6698, in case of disappearance of the purposes of processing, the personal data shall be deleted, destructed or anonymized by us or request of the owner of personal data.
To Secure Personal Data as Accurate and Current:
As EY Law Office, we take administratively, technically and legally precaution to secure the personal data accurate and current. Also, we are very sensitive the environment to store the personal data to prevent illegal using.
Amendments of the Personal Data Protection Policy
EY Law Office may amend the Policy in case of the legal needs. If the Policy amends, it may be full forced by the publication on www.emelyilmaz.av.tr
Rights of Data Owner Set Forth in Article 11 of Personal Data Protection Law
In case you, as a data owner, inform our Law Firm of your requests regarding your rights through the methods regulated in this Information Text below, our Law Firm shall respond at the soonest time and in thirty days at the latest in any event without any charge.
In compliance with the article 11, Law No:6698, You have the right to;
- a) Learn whether or not her/his personal data have been processed;
- b) Request information as to processing if her/his data have been processed;
- c) Learn the purpose of processing of the personal data and whether data are used in accordance with their purpose;
ç) Know the third parties in the country or abroad to whom personal data have been transferred;
- d) Request rectification in case personal data are processed incompletely or inaccurately;
- e) Request deletion or destruction of personal data within the framework of the conditions set forth under article 7;
- f) Request notification of the operations made as per indents (d) and (e) to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred;
- g) Object to occurrence of any result that is to her/his detriment by means of analysis of personal data exclusively through automated systems;
ğ) Request compensation for the damages in case the person incurs damages due to unlawful processing of personal data
by applying to the data controller.
The method to apply Data processor:
You may use your rights mentioned above by sending a petition with original signature by hand or by a registered letter with return receipt together with the copy of identity card to the address written below. Or you may send your petition to our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org by your registered e-mail and the electronic signature. If a person instead of a data owner makes a request, data owner has to get a special power of attorney concerning the matter issued on behalf of the person who shall apply. If the requests require further costs, the fee stated in the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Committee shall be received from the applicant. We may request further information in order to review whether or not the applicant is a data owner, and address a question to the data owner regarding his/her application in order to clarify the matters stated in the application.
Address: Akat Mah. Zeytinoğlu Cad. Arzu 2 Apartmanı No: 4 Kat: 5 Daire:26 34335 Beşiktaş, İstanbul
EY Law Office.